Tool Delivery Driver
Under the general direction of the Tool and Fleet Coordinator, the Tool Delivery Driver is responsible for delivery of all requested tools, materials, and equipment to the job sites efficient manner. In addition, he/she also serves as the main source of communication between the warehouse and the job site on all tool and equipment related items.
Sioux City, IA (Warehouse)
- Analyze delivery address, determine appropriate routes, safely deliver and return tools in an efficient and effective manner while meeting deadlines.
- Load and unload tool and/or equipment (some weighing up to 100 pounds) and provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Communicate effectively between warehouse employees and field electricians to ensure satisfaction.(Example: Tool return date(s), Broken tools, Missing tools, etc...) Work with warehouse team to provide exceptional customer service to field teams.
- Perform vehicle inspection such as checking fluid level and tire pressure, maintain a clean and safe vehicle and adhere to local and state driving laws and regulations.
- Follow local and state driving laws and road regulations.
- Maintain clean and safe and vehicle.
- Assist with facilities maintenance(i.e. snow and trash removal)
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required, with good knowledge of the area and the ability to determine the safest and most direct routes to job sites. Prior delivery experience preferred.
- Basic tool and equipment knowledge required.
- This is a physical job, requiring the ability to walk, bend, climb, sit and stand. Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds with assistance, must be able to frequently lift 10-25 pounds. Fifty percent of the work will be performed in an environment subject to outdoor temperatures and conditions. Will be subject to working with common chemicals, such as diesel fuel, gasoline, oil, paint thinners and cleaning solvents.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to work overtime as required (some Saturday and occasional after hours calls.)
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
- The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
- All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.