TEC - Corp Sioux City, IA
Under the general direction of the Human Resources Manager, the Safety & Risk Manager will lead the organization’s efforts to enhance and improve our current safety culture. As the safety expert for the organization, develop and implement ongoing safety improvement and proactive processes, systems, tools, and training that optimizes safe performance and ensures regulatory compliance.
- Models and promotes an organizational culture that fosters safe practices by engaging with employees and managers through effective leadership.
- Ensures compliance with safety policies, regulations and reporting through frequent visits to job sites and interaction with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Reviews accident/injury reports for accuracy and detail, conducts investigations and ensures that corrective action has been taken.
- Coordinates worker’s compensation and general liability insurance, manages claims and coordinates with insurance representatives to ensure compliance with policy requirements.
- Schedule owner training with vendors.
- A strong background in safety, usually obtained through a course of study resulting in a bachelor’s degree in safety or a technical or engineering field and significant work experience in safety in a construction or manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers engaged in diverse activities at all levels within the organization.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and have the ability to learn new software applications and computer programs associated with construction
- Excellent leadership skills for directing, coaching, teaching, and assisting team members.
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations, including OSHA, ANSI and NFPA. Completion of OSHA 500 course and OSHA 10 and 30 hour construction safety courses preferred.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and organize the workload to handle multiple priorities and simultaneously meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to implement new processes and motivate others.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to job sites and outside locations for meetings, with some overnight travel (less than 10% annually).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.