Under the general direction of the General Manager, the Office Administrator will oversee the day to day operations of the office and perform accounting functions as guided by company policies and procedures, maintain accurate records and provide administrative support for the team, as needed.
- Responsible for all office accounting functions, including customer billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and ensuring timely cash flow.
- Prepare accurate and timely customer billings once projects and service tickets are completed.
- Verify the accuracy of all work logs and submit timely.
- Enter and maintain all work orders.
- Accurately audit and record all credit card and fuel receipts.
- Accumulate and verify all job costs and use this information to verify Gross Margin and Net Margin profitability.
- Work with others to prepare professional and complete reports.
- Review costs with General Manager and propose ways to beneficially control those costs.
- Coordinate the onboarding of new employees and completion of paperwork; process weekly payroll for all employees.
- Provide administrative support to the General Manager and may provide supervision and direction to other office staff.
- Must have a strong accounting background, with a good understanding of the accounting cycle, an emphasis in office administration and five years of experience.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, and have the ability to learn new software applications and computer programs associated with construction.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers engaged in diverse activities and technical work, customers and vendors.
- Must be a self-starter who can recognize what needs to be done, results oriented and innovative with excellent organization skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with deadlines
- Must be flexible in adapting with changing and challenging situations.
- Must have outstanding customer services skills via phone, face to face and in written communication.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.